Sunday, August 19, 2012

Blue, Babies and Birds

This past Saturday some friends and I hosted a baby shower for our friend Sharon who is expecting a sweet baby girl this Fall.  Sharon is quite possibly the cutest pregnant person I have ever seen and always looks awesome. A few weeks ago she told us that she was doing baby girl's room in blue! I thought "blue for a girl..... this is going to be a challenge". But I knew if anyone could pull it off Sharon could. So the girls and I started to brainstorm her shower and how we could throw a girly blue shower. We asked Sharon to point us in the right direction with the fabrics that she was going to use in the baby room. As always she has awesome taste and they looked gorgeous! She went with blue chevron, a pretty blue print and a khaki print with blue birds. I quickly assigned making a rag swag to my sister-in-law for the mantle while Anna and I started to hunt for a Chevron patterned cake. Although Becky did a fantastic job with the rag swag Anna and I failed to find a chevron cake that was reasonably priced. But, she saved the day with custom cupcakes that a co-worker was able to make for us. Luckily, Brittany was able to take care of the gift. I always get carried away with the decorations and hate to get the gift so I was so grateful! There were two more girls participating that helped with food!  Thanks Kristen and Amanda. Here are some pics of the shower. It turned out great and we can't to meet baby Liv! :)


Diaper Cake


Rag Swag- Thanks Becky!


Tablescape



I love glass baby bottles





Baby Bird Cupcakes


Flower Decorations in Glass Jars


Guest favors - bird nest pendants




Diaper Wreath



No comments:

Post a Comment